Re: Hero Wars poll

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 14:35:27 EST

David D:

<< Anyway, even though it's a self-selected poll from a self-selected mailing
list, it's still interesting to see the results of the polls >>

      I think someone would have to be fairly daft to take them as being authoritative guides to the HW market, but I'm glad people find them interesting none the less.

Tim Ellis:

<<The numbers were something like 5 people vs 34 for the other poll. It
wasn't the low number per se, but the low number compared to the other poll that struck me.>>

      It counts the number of votes cast, not the number of voters. Since in the second poll you can cast up to ten votes each, the number is bound to be higher. None the less, more people are voting in the second one, for whatever reason (since there must be *at least* as many voters as votes for the top category).

Wulf Corbett:

<<What the poll doesn't tell us, in other words, is what level of power
groups will be at by the time any more books are published!>>

      Oh, entirely agreed. Maybe we'll ask again in a year's time :-)
      The polls will remain open until 2nd January, BTW.

Trotsky