Re: Hero's Book ?

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:30:38 +0000

>I'm curious to hear people's opinions about the HB.

I've only browsed through a copy - I should be picking up mine tomorrow.

Here's my impressions

The presentation is up to the standard we've come to expect from the recent Issaries products (except for one nasty typo I noticed).

It has a bit more background material for Lunars and Heortlings than the main rulebook. More importantly it has advice for players, and sample characters.

For someone who intends only to play in a game I would say that it is a cheaper and - at least at the start - more useful alternative to the main rulebook.

For a new GM it is something that is immediately useful, as well as providing a taster for the more detailed background books.

For a GM who already has the background material it is a good book to loan to players, instead of passing round the main rulebook.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.