Re: Different kind of Heroquest

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 11:55:46 +1100

Mark:

>Someone over on rpgnet noticed this.
>
>http://www.innerquest.com/11HeroQuestmain.html

I found the Joseph Campbell and the Hero's Journey' bit especially interesting, It gives a non-mythic version of Campbell's Journey of the Hero, which is coincidentally, completely self-centred, with no community aspect. (Me? Me! Me! Me Me Me Me Me!).

Therein lies a clue to my definition of the sacred.

I guess we could call it the dark side: what happens when *another type* of Californian lays hands on the Campell metamyth. :)

Amex or Diners?

John

John Hughes
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2600

Phone (02) 6125 0649
Visit CAEPR on the web at http://www.anu.edu.au/caepr/