Re: Chaos bashing Orlanthi

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:20:26 +0000

>Hi to all,
>
>I have a question about a specific situation:
>
>in an heortling society (Pavis County), if heortlings need to deal
>with serious chaos powers (eye of wakboth magnitude), but I (as the
>narrator) do not allow them to find Bullmen to hire due to Tyrannical
>Lunar Grip (TM), do their Storm Pantheon affiliation allow them in
>extraordinary circumstances to summon the power of Urox or would you
>think it's an over stretch of the rules?
>
>Woudn't this fact (if allowed by the narrator) be liable to abuse?
>If heortling communities can appeal to specific gods like Urox even
>without Uroxi, what need do they have of Uroxi in their societies at
>all?

I think it depends what you have in mind. According to the ritual rules (HQ p102) there would ba a -10 penalty on any use of "Worship Storm Pantheon" acting in place of a Uroxi. A Devotee, however provides a +5 modifier. So I'd say that they can appeal to Urox, but it will be more difficult.

The other reason for tolerating Uroxi is that fighting Chaos often means going out and physically confronting some horrific monstrosity. Wouldn't you give a little leeway to someone who is prepared to go out and to that for you ?

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.