Re: New devotees, starting feats

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 19:54:03 +0000

>wrote:
>> > --- Paul Andrew King <paul_at_m...> wrote:
>> >
>> >(puzzled) Yes, obviously. So in that case, the test
>> >isn't going to be a "kill best friend, family, or
>> >other emotionally significant person" one. If the
>> >situation doesn't arise, it can't be used.
>>
>> So basically you are relying on appropriate circumstances turning
>up ?
>> I suppose that a Gloranthan universe might oblige but it's
>something
>> that makes me a little uneasy.
>
>This is Glorantha. Of course it will. You might want to re-read the
>section on HeroQuests, particularly Practice Level quests.

I was assuming tests outside a HeroQuest. A HeroQuest is different.  From what I remember even in a practice HeroQuest, what the Quester sees is not necessarily exactly what happens in the mortal world - or at least I have seen references implying that is likely to be be the case (going back as far as Cults of Prax !). There will be a correspondence, of course, but not always an exact match.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.