Re: Pol Joni and worship

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:39:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:

> It'll be in upcoming stuff but when I asked the same question, I was
> told that if you're an initate, you can't get any Tradition Knowlege OR
> use Fetishes. if you're integrated a spirit, you can't worship or gain
> Divine Aid.

Presumably this doesn't stop someone joining the religion - even participating in the rituals, they just end up with 'the wrong sort' of magic. So a theist gains feats from a spirit cult, but at the misapplied worship penalty.

Or is this intended to be a total block?

> And Tradition Knowlege is a bit of a misnomer -- its one who is a part
> of the various bargains and agreements between People and Spirits.
> Something an initiate can't participate in - he's made his choice.

Sure - its the animist equivalent of 'Initiate of' or possibly 'Worship XXX Pantheon' depending on the tradition...

> Of course, if you forfeit ALL your magic, you can start again in a new
> paradigm... from the beginning.

<SMILE> Don't see my players quite wanting to do that...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net