Re: Re: Help Wanted with White Moon Heroquest

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:56:50 +0000

"giangero" <giangero_at_...> writes:

>The presence of a Humakti can be particularly difficult to integrate
>in the Quest: he could be the opposition, rather than a force pro-
>white moon, if I correctly understand your situation.

The story of the Moon is a long history of deaths, followed by rebirths. Verithurusa descended into the underworld to become Sedenya. Sedenya turned corpse-blue to become Lesilla. Lesilla crashed to earth in ruin to become (IIRC) an empress of Dara Happa. Who was in turn dismembered to become Gerra. Who was staked out in the Great Darkness to suffer the Final Death - but by her powers of reflection and turning, changed this into the New Birth of the Cosmos. (at least that's what her priests claim). Since then, she's been slowly reversing this process.

I'd say a representative of the God of Death can play a pivotal role in re-creating this myth. She *must* die if she is to be reborn again.

Stephen