Re: Pol Joni and worship

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 12:39:49 -0500

Olli Kantola wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Dec 2000, Ian Cooper wrote:
>
> > misapplied worship of some Praxian entities ie.e theistic worhsip of
> > Waha and Eirithra (I quite like the idea of this - a sort of balance
> > to the Nomads misapplied owship of Heorting deities.
>
> I don't think that they have any motivations to do that. Eiritha certainly
> doesn't have any magic to help horses and their tribe surely wasn't a part of
> survival covenant.

But its always wise to appease the spirits of the land and waste. That is what worship does. And, if you re-read your Pavis and Nomad Gods, it mentions that the Pol Joni were able to force their way into acceptance at the Paps.

> I also think that Nomads are more at home in the wastes and therefore the Pol
> Joni don't need any balancing. Pol Joni don't have suitable magic for many
> situations.
>
> Olli Kantola

On the Issaries website are several notes by Greg on missapplied worship among the Praxians. Specifically Orlanth -- Little Brother helps bring rains and is far more clever than many of the spirits and Death Man (Humakt) who has powerful, terrible spirits which can be used against the clan's enemies.

I suspect that more on the Pol Joni will be appearing -- they are a very interesting mixed worship case. One of the very few among the Heortlings.

Jeff