Re: Humakti Devotion

From: reinierd <reinierd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:59:24 -0000

I agree evasion of responsibility cannot be Humakti. But how about redemption through the embrace (literal or not) of Death? Weren't Humakt's failures (pride in releasing death in the first place, and later letting Eurmal steal it) redeemed by his later quest to reunite  the pieces of death? And - possibly, depending on your view - through his own willingness to die? (I believe that in the final confrontation with The End during the great darkness, Humakt can only maintain his identity by dying.)

As an example, of how this might work, I have toyed with the idea of playing a PC who was an ex-Krarshti assassin who through a traumatic conversion experience joined Humakt. Naturally he has a lot to make up for, and various forms of penance would be a big part of his initiation and devotion tests. But Humakt might smile on such an initiate as an iteration of his own quest to re-unite and purify the different parts of death. Krarshti pervert death through assasination and torture; most of the initiate's god-given tasks are likely to be directed against such activities.