Re: Re: Examples...

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:03:15 -0800

It was a design intent (at least on *my* part) that contests *not* be specified as extended, simple or anything else. For example, in the drafts a number of results were based on the loser's negative AP - this obviously relegates whatever produced those results to an extended contest, so I insisted that they be changed to the "Contest Results" - Marginal/Minor/Major/Complete Defeats, rather than AP.

> on the other hand if they set great store
> by beating the bully who terrorised them during their childhood,
> then it might be worth making an extended, even if it is no real
> contest, to give it greater impact and to allow the vicarious thrill
> of dumping him head first in the water butt this round, then
> throwing him into the midden in the next...

Oh man, flashbacks of the Back to the Future movies...

RR
- Richelieu