Re: White Moon HQ

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:39:31 -0500

Bryan:
> Of course, what can they do once they realize they are on the wrong
> path? Carry things through to the end, but try to change the
> result? Try to abandon the quest and find their way home through the
> gods war? Deliberately (but heroically) fail?

It's a common theme in stories about magic that to stop or go back part-way through a ritual is exceedingly dangerous. IMG I've emphasised this.

Deliberately failing a powerful quest would bring disaster upon anyone you've drawn on for support.

This seems to mean that the players should try to find a way of continuing the ritual but switching it onto a different path. Maybe they should think of some other myth that they can stretch to cover what they've done so far.

Andrew