Re: Ex Krarshti humakti

From: reinierd <reinierd_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:21:58 -0000

And this is bad? YGWV encourages thoughtfulness and inquiry into Glorantha, including questioning of the canon.

My point is that if you take the honor out of Humakt, he becomes a lot less interesting and a lot less fun. I'm not saying this to shout other opinions down, but to provoke thought, elicit different opinions and hopefully learn something new myself.

I believe the existence of broo Humakti (at least on army-sized scale) is highly problematic because either 1) you have to get a lot of broo to behave honorably (whatever that means), or 2) you take the honor out of Humakt. How you do either is an interesting question for discussion.

Reinier> one of the things that makes Humakt so >interesting is this tension between honor on the one hand and death> >on the other.

Metcalfe> In the Sartarite religion, yes. But their interpretation of
> honor is _not_ intrinsic to Humakt and He's quite free to
> differ elsewhere.

How so? Are you saying honor is not intrinsic to Humakt, or a certain kind of honor isn't?

Metcalfe>For this reason I see little point to saying> on this group that Chaotics can't join Humakt given that> they can

I didn't say that; the opposite, in fact.