Re: Re: Humakti

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:47:51 -0500

simon_hibbs2 wrote:

> This is one reason I haven't played a Humakti in 15 years or so. Sure
> they get cool magic and get to be all angsty and stuff, but I don't
> think I'd have much fun playing one at the moment. Having just become
> a dad, I suppose I'm in a more life-affirming phase of my life.

I'd love to play a Humakti. But then, given that I've never been a player in a Gloranthan game since I started as GM of an RQII game almost 20 years ago, I'd be willing to play an Eurmali Duck/Broo if someone else would just run a game for me...

> Having said that I'm perfectly happy for players in my games to play
> Humakti, there's plenty of mythic meat to chew on with Humakt and I
> try to interpret the cult flexibly to suit people's character
> concepts. The ex-Krarshti sound slike an interesting character to
> have in a game, with lots of interesting back-story stuff you could
> bring in, so why not?

Amen! Let's here it for the player's desires shaping the interpretations and not the other way around. Besides, think of all the rich material just dealing with how dangerous it must be to be an "ex-Krarshti" or just to be near one. The "Hungry Mouth" doesn't seem too likely to be into letting folks wander off.

Gerald