Dundealos

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:31:11 -0000

Hi All,

On Tuesday, December 05, 2000 9:30 AM, Graham Robinson [SMTP:gjr_at_...] wrote:
> > the prime one must be the Dundealos, wiped out after murdering a Lunar tax
> > collector who raped the tribal chief'd daughter. The remnants became the
> > Enstalos tribe. Then again, I might be biased, as my main HW game is about
> > the
> > Dundealos. :)
> >

> You wouldn't happen to have a date for this incident would you? And
> are/were they part of a tribe?

As the others said it happened in 1618. I didn't manage to find much detail on it, Ian included most of what seems to be in print. I nicked some info I found in Enclosure 1, which had some stuff written about how things were in the 1350s:

"The Dundealos are a relatively new tribe that once resided in the upper Marzeel valley. They have many fierce horse-riding thanes and forced the Torkani out of the pass that divides the Storm Mountains from the Quivin Mountains. The Dundealos protect the great holy site of Old Wind and claim to be the favourite tribe of Orlanth."

Everything else I pretty much made up on my own - I included the Enstalos and Blue Jay as clans, and made up a bunch: Stormsinger, Broken Spear, Red Stag, Iskani, Ice Vale and lots of NPCs. For the heroes' clan, I made up some clan festivals and lots of NPCs, then let it run...

The rape of the tribal chief's daughter, the death of the tax collector and the uprising are due in about 3 sessions' time (though the players don't know this). Gratifyingly, the Vingan PC has been spending hero points for about 10 sessions' worth of play now on a vow to kill him. :)

So I don't have any more "official " information... Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bruce