Re: Esrolian Humakti

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:11:42 GMT

In message <20031121082826.80846.qmail_at_...> =?iso-8859-1?q?Jane=20Williams?= writes:
> --- donald_at_... wrote: > In message
>> Humatki are scary because
>> they are men who's loyalty isn't primarily to a Matriarch.
>> In practice I think that Humatki are tolerated because they don't
>> push the limits. They generally only kill other men in duels and
>> still defer to the authority of women in all matters outside the
>> cult. Basically in Esrolia it's a place for men who want to rebel
>> without losing their home comforts.
>
>Which, while probably true for the majority, raises
>the question of female Esrolian Humakti (and indeed
>female Humakti of other backgrounds in Esrolia).
>
>Now they would be *scary*! Possibly they don't count
>as female under Esrolian law?

I would think any Humatki who don't fit that pattern are more or less politely pointed in the direction of somewhere else - "We've no use for your sort round here". Severed from family and shunned by everyone they just don't have a social or mythological place or way of earning a living.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/