Re: Re: Humakt and the Giant's Heart

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:31:57 -0500

Jane Williams wrote:

> Excellent! That went into my collection of Humakti myths for future
> reference, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Thank you! I'll post future bits as I complete them ("Sing, oh muse, of the wrath of Humakt...")

> Definitely the Heortling Humakt, then.

Absolutely. This is meant to be a story known to my players' clan in Sartar.

> And an interesting contrast
> with "Humakt's Oath", where he only discovers Truth, Honour and so on
> towards the end of his quest to get Death back. In that, about all he
> had left was Combat (and jealousy, and revenge, and a few other
> unpleasant things).

I liked "Humakt's Oath" but my picture of the Gloomy God was heavily shaped by a line (either from "Cults of Prax" or from the "Tales" write-up, I think) that said something to the effect that to Humakt, honor was "as the air." (a big deal for a young air god) I always took that to suggest that Humakt was associated with Truth and Honor even before he was associated with Death.

BTW: I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone sick to death of Humakt posts for bringing this up again. I've got two Swords among my player heroes, so I'm afraid this is a subject I keep coming back to.

Gerald