Re: Esrolian "cultural hero"? (or equivalent)

From: giangero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:29:03 -0000

There was this grey age hero(ine) connected to Truth, a sort of Shaman, IIRC. What was her name? She is in Tradetalk, Kingdom of Night tales. Or maybe in Book of Belintar, mmmmh

> One candidate I suppose could be the Only Old One. Did she protect
> the whole holy country during the Darkness?

*she*? Ezkanekko was a *son* of Argan Argar.

> Another possibility is that they slept through the worst of the
> darkness, like the rest of the earth did, and were awoken at the
dawn
> (in which case there is no doubt a very significant "awakening day"
> in their calendar of festivals, but their holy time rights may be
> rather different than those of any other culture).

Nice suggestion, but aren't Esrolians degenerate (by a certain chauvinistic POV) or refined (by another chauvinistic POV) Heortlings?

> Or was there a human hero, who taught them some way of surviving?

Look above,

Gian