Missing - the movie

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:25:40 -0800

We just got back from watching Ron Howard's Missing, a neat flick about a kidnapped girl, her mom and sister going after her along with her White-man-gone-native grandad.

Some lovely ideas in there for Glorantha. Set in New Mexico in the 1880s, of course my mind goes to Prax and Lunar settlers along the river, snatched up by Eeevil beast riders and taken into the Wastes to be sold to the morokanth. It could just as easily work with Sartari vrs grazers, or Redlands Settlers vrs Pentish nomads. Without giving *too* much away, the movie features some magic, with a nice "Common magic vrs Curse cast from afar" scene. Good villains, and great ideas for gloranthan gaming on the edges of the empire (since there is some Army activity, having an army is kinda required, so Sartar isn't *quite* a good fit for the settlers, though they could be good bad guys.

Roderick & Ellen give it two thumbs up!

Roderick
- Richelieu