Re: Re: Esrolian "cultural hero"? (or equivalent)

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:29:47 +0100

Selon argrathi <argrathi_at_...>:

> >Btw, IMG, Lhankor Mhy had 12 daughters, the Muses, who taught the
> >esrolian women how to build houses, count, write poetry, remember
> >history, etc.
> Do you have any keywords, affinities, names or feats for these?

The only one truly developped is the Philosophy and Mathematics daughter (only one for the two activities : we mixed Socrates andr Pythagoras and the rest all in one). My wife invented it and plays a devotee since we began HW three years ago. The things you can do with Philosophy 10W2 :) For this particular cult, which was written before ST, we created a stand-alone cult with only one affinity somewhat reminiscent of a Lhankor Mhy one, whereas nowadays we'd certainly create them all as sub-cults (2 LM affinities + 1 for each daughter). The goddess srpung from LM beard (or head) when he had a thought he couldn't determined was true or not. One of this goddess' first act was to prove LM he was wrong. So there is now a Feat 'Prove that Lhankor Mhy is Wrong' in her Philosophy Affinity, which my wife loves to use against my poor LM NPCs. IIRC, the affinities are Philosophy, Knowledge and Logics/Mathematics (the last one being magic, of course, as everyone know in glorantha).

As for the other daughters, I have their names and functions, but never neeed to develop them at keyword level. Could be done quite easily, though. I'll send tyou these if you want, in a few days. If I ever post it, it'll be on HQ-Rules, as it's more a rule question.

        Philippe