Re: Re: Thunder During Snow?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:40:51 -0800

Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...> wrote:

> At the -29 c level there will be no water outside, not even fast
> running streams or waterfalls unless they're hot springs.

...or magical, of course. I expect the Creek, Stream, and River are freely flowing even at fairly cold temperatures. (Why? Because they're *water*, of course. Water flows. That's one of its powers. They're going to resist being turned into ice.)

> If it gets cold enough the trees can shatter from their sap
> freezing. Thankfully it doesn't get that cold in Winnipeg.
> Fimbulwinter though?

Ditto. And no matter how cold it is in Fimbulwinter, I'll bet the Darkness was worse. Any trees around in the Third Age are descended from ones that (somehow) survived the Darkness--they've got to have a few tricks up their sleeves.