Re: Thunder During Snow?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:17:55 GMT

In message <4.2.0.58.20031205123211.00b4ced0_at_...> Peter Larsen writes:

>Getting trapped
>outside overnight probably means dying unless you have good supplies and/or
>magic -- Uncle Bjorn the Valinding is a scary weird guy (sure he's violent
>and troublesome, but he runs around at night in the winter).

I'm surprised at that, AIUI the standard routine for being outside in snow is to find a sheltered drift and dig yourself in. With warm clothing you'll last until your food runs out - certainly several days with no food at all. So your average Heortling will dig himself a hole, wrap himself in his kilt and wait out the storm. Chances are his kinfolk will come looking for him during the first break in the weather so even if injured death isn't that likely.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/