A couple of winter questions

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 20:29:51 -0000

Here on earth, temperature drops as you go to higher altitudes. I seem to recall there is a pretty linear progression for this, so many degrees per km, or whatever. What I can't recall is what that value is? (In Glorantha, or at least Dragon Pass, this same thing occurs because you are getting closer to Inora, the mysterious queen of mountain top cold).

I just had to shut my blinds, because the sun came around to my side of the building, and at this time of year it is very low in the sky and shines right in. If I understand my Gloranthan astronomy properly, the path of Elmal (or whoever) is fixed, and doesn't change during the year? So that the sun would seem to be at the same position and height at noon in fire season as at noon in dark season? But the days do get shorter and longer by season, so presumably he travels faster or slower depending on season? Finally, I'm guessing the sun feels warmer or colder according to season, even when it is at the same position in the sky? (and possibly brighter or less bright as well?)

--Bryan