Re: Draconic power.

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:10:26 GMT

In message <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAA4ZnaAuM1R0aKDIl92gBqM8KAAAAQAAAAzoAc8R8Zw0WEzz91NW7HUgEAAAAA_at_...> "Matthew Cole" writes:

>What about dragon magic? Has anyone discovered a draconic plane?
>
>My campaign has connections with things draconic and I need to work out
>something quite soon. I can't be specific because I don't want it spoilt
>for the players, some of whom read this list.

Usually this topic comes up in reference to Dragonnewts and the answer is that they are incomprehensible to humans. Everything they do or are seems wrong, out of kilter or just barmy. As far as dragons themselves go unless your players are gods or giants the dragons probably won't notice them. If they should happen to get a dragon's attention a 50/50 chance of being eaten or some strange assistence is a reasonable result.

If there is a draconic plane the players would need assistence from someone with dragon magic to get there and would go mad at what they percieved.

There's a fair bit in the archives of the Glorantha Digest on the subject, some is even comprehensible.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/