Wonderful weather

From: mr_tines <tines_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:46:00 -0000

Somewhat tangential to the winter thread...

I must admit that I gave up believing any of the canonical Gloranthan meteorological or climatological details when I noticed _Drastic : Prax_ quote one of the earlier sources about the Wastes to state that they had a 20" annual rainfall, mainly distributed through the winter season.

I live in East Anglia, a fertile farming region for grain and sugarbeet, and with natural tree cover - an area that is a technical semi-desert with only 18" annual rainfall, also mostly in the winter.

OTOH, the proximity of the Wastes to Sartar is even more extreme than that which allows the rainshadow differentials between wet and rugged Wales (on the west at the same latitude) and dry East Anglia.