Re: Pol Joni and worship

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 13:43:43 +1300

Wulf Corbett:

>by
>implication, then, you agree with me that a Theist cannot just decide
>to worship a spirit without some education (be it from HQ or other
>mortal teachers) in the spirit's 'traditional' (small 't') worship?

An example. A Orlanthi hero shows up at a Praxian holy spot and wants to sacrifice to Thunderbird, a Praxian spirit. We agree that he cannot simply sacrifice to Thunderbird. IMO he has to open the connection to Thunderbird by himself or through follow the sacrificial ritual of others. I'm not sure that a shaman can help for he can only open a connection to the spirit plane which is not what the hero needs.

--Peter Metcalfe