Re: Draconic power

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:04:57 -0800 (PST)

> -- From "Elder Secrets"
> "The life of a dragonewt consists of always
> bettering himself, mastering his emotions
> and reactions to events so that he may advance
> to the next stage of being. Each stage of
> dragonewt development requires that the
> dragonewt constantly strive to master specific
> emotions and personality traits.
> * Crested Dragonewts: The crested dragonewt
> must master his Aggressive-Passive, Brave-
> Cowardly, Energetic-Lazy, Stubborn-Docile,
> and Unreliable-Dependable personality traits.
 . . .
> 3) Dragon Virtues and Flaws
> -- Take Greg's list of opposed traits. Treat them
> as Personality traits.
> So a begning Dragonewt would be rated
> VIRTUE FLAWS
> Aggressive13 Passive 17
> Brave 13 Cowardly 17
> Energetic 13 Lazy 17
> Stubborn 13 Docile 17
> Dependable 13 Unreliable 17

I don't think this is the mechanic I would use. The idea that Brave is good and Cowardly is bad is unDraconic: both are ties to the world.

I would treat both Aggressive and Passive as Flaws or both as Personality Traits. Either way, the 'newt has to buy them down over time in order to progress.

Then, on rebirth, they get all of the new personality traits of flaws that they have to overcome (but, perhaps, at higher ratings).

Chris Lemens

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/