re. Return of the King

From: altfritz <green27_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:48:22 -0500

I haven't seen it yet - I'm going to the 9:45 show tonight. I could have gone last night to the Midnight show but chose to see the Last Samurai instead. I'm sure it is going to be a Kick Ass movie, but after being so disappointed with the theatrical release of The Tower Towers I am not as keen as I was a year ago. Having said that, the extended version of TTT corrected many of the failings of the theatrical release - aside from the major ones - and so I'm sure the extended version of ROTK will really rock! Unfortunately we will probably have to wait a year for that. And then there will be real Trilogy Tuesday screenings to go to! :-)

I suspect the mouth of Sauron is in the extended version because IIRC there is a bit about him in that "Weapons and Warfare in Middle Earth" book. Or maybe it was GW's White Dwarf magazine. Anyhow, I reckon if they mention him then he will eventually show up. Just as there are sketched of Corsair ships and some funky looking bird-helmed armour that - if I don't see tonight - I'm thinking will definitely be in the full version.

After this flick, the next MUST SEE flick is "Troy" - I hope they do an extended version of that as well. Every time I see the preview I get more excited! :-)

Howard