Darsen Myth

From: giangero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:49:02 -0000

mmmmh,
are not women in charge in Darsen too?

For different reasons of course.

Here is my go at that (cheap but fast, I suppose):

Val Annis was a heroine of ancient Darsen. Before she was even adult she had to be initiated. She was alone but she was with her initiating-mother, too. She dug a lot in the womb of her Mother. And of her Mother's Mother and of her Mother's Mother's Mother. And... (...)
In the womb, she discovered a chtonian pool and asked her initiating- mother:
What is that?
That be a drop of men infertility and a sign of their impotence. What, which kind of man stepped so below in my Mother's, Mother's (...) Womb and left here that huge drop? An ancient kind of man.
Not an Amsha?
There are no true male Amsha, my daughter. Only we daughters, mothers and grandmothers can be goddesses. Why?
Because only we can master the Secret of the Womb. And what's that, mother?
You don't guess? Feel here: it's Eternity.

(...)
(...)
(...)

After Eternity, Val Annis' initiating-mother spoke again: Males, men and self-calling male gods, can merely brand it and waste it.
It is flux, it is stasis, it is water and it is flow. It is everything that matters.
Men call it Death, Sword, Spear, Mace, but they are mistaken. They are only men. But they must not know it, because it is easier for us if somebody else uses Death, in certain circumstances. The cross symbol is one of the mightiest they can wield. But it's an error.
Eternity has no handle, Eternity has no guard, Eternity cannot be crossed, it can be only dived in, to be brought away by Her or be purified or be merely cleaned of the drop of males. Do you understand, my daughter?
(...)
And so Val Annis was initiated.

Ciao,
Gian