RE: Another Sartarite Winter Story

From: Mike Gibb <migibb_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:34:58 +0000

Jane Williams Wrote:

>"Good King Wenceslas looked out...."
>
>"Mark my footsteps, good my page,
>Tread thou in them boldly
>Thou shalt find the winter's wind
>Freeze thy blood less coldly"
>
>Anyone want to tell me what sort of magic Wenceslas was using, and
>from what source? It sounds very useful to Sartarites even before
>Fimbulwinter hits.

Well it's obvious to any true, loyal citizen of the empire that it is goodly goddess-given lunar magic he uses. After all is it not writ:

"Brightly shone the moon that night,
Though the wind was cru-el...."

The passage above is obviously instructions for some (possibly Kalikos-inspired) heroquest (How St Stephen has a feast to defeat Orlantus?) and the footsteps of course are the stages within such.

  1. Send "Poor Man" out into the night
  2. "Poor Man" gathers firewood
  3. Prepare Feast of Stephen etc. etc.

Unfortunately, as I am not privy to the inner secrets of Stephen's cult (i.e. don't know the rest of the words), you'll have to imagine the rest yourselves.

Happy sacred time everyone

Mike
8-)

   xxx