Re: Re: Another Sartarite Winter Story

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:11:31 -0500

At 03:50 PM 12/23/2003 +0000, Jane Williams wrote:
>HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com, Peter Larsen
> > <plarsen_at_u...>
> > wrote:
> > > question), granting the performed some sort of
> > Keep Warm feat.
>
>A "keep others warm" feat, surely?

         I don't know, old W seemed pretty warm himself -- heck, he made the _ground_ warm, so I figured he was just warm in general and augmenting his poor page's Winter Survival Skill with the feat. Now, if he was a Sorcerous Saint, he might have a Keep Others Warm spell as well as a Keep Self Warm spell, but feats are (as I understand them) more flexible. Of course, YKWMV....

> > Thinking about it more, that is exactly perfect. It
> > is a perfect
> > description of the sort of quest a devotee would go
> > on to learn a feat.
>
>I'm assuming the devotee takes the part of KingW., not
>of the page? Definitely "warm others", then.

         I suppose you'd need at least a King W, a page, and a beggar. The King gets his feat (whatever it may be), the beggar gets fed, what does the page get?

Peter Larsen