Re: Re: Another Sartarite Winter Story

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:09:47 +0000

Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...> writes:

> I suppose you'd need at least a King W, a page, and a beggar. The
>King gets his feat (whatever it may be), the beggar gets fed, what does the
>page get?

The ablity to keep warm by following in the Saint's footsteps, of course...

When casting the spell in the Mortal World, glowing footprints appear in the snow (visible only to Symbolic Sight?), and if the caster steps in them exactly, she can cross the most bleak, frigid and trackless wilderness safely.

Note that in the myth, the page faces three enemies: the darkness, the icy wind, and the fear & despair that fills his heart; and so it's likely that at least three separate spells can be extracted from this one ritual.

"Sire, the night is darker now, And the wind blows stronger; Fails my heart, I know not how, I can go no longer."

Stephen