Re: RE: Another Sartarite Winter Story

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:11:38 GMT

In message <20031223115311.14302.qmail_at_...> =?iso-8859-1?q?Jane=20Williams?= writes:

>> 3. Prepare Feast of Stephen
>I believe the reference to the Feast of Stephen was
>merely an attempt to give a date, originally. Sort of
>like saying "Day 88" or "Fire season, water week,
>stasis day".

St. Stephen's day is 26th December, Saints' days are frequently referred to as the Saint's feast in the church calender. One stage of the Heroquest must surely involve a gift to a poor man. The Lunar version is obviously a Teelo Norri quest as the carol is all about helping the poor man and the young page.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/