Re: Naval Encounters

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:30:47 -0800

Trotsky

> >The Vadeli (shiver) are one of the main sea-going people these days.
>>They're not terribly powerful as a group, but I still wouldn't really
>>want to meet them on the seas.
>>
>I'm not sure I'd want to meet them anywhere, personally :)

Me neither, but if I'm in my home city, and a Vadeli ship lands, probably I'll only get cheated. I'd take that over their ship approaching my ship any day.

BTW, anyone wanting a sea campaign should watch Master and Commander. I don't see magic as a good analog for cannons (broadsides don't really matter), but there are still some ideas to steal.

--

David Dunham