Re: Future Supplements

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:30:14 EST

Jeff:

<< Conversions are well and good but I want to see new ground covered. Or at least see some much promised Old Ground finally dealt with. Sartar for example. Or Peloria. Or..

      <cough> Loskalm </cough>

Mikko Rintasaari:

<<Here I have to express my puzzlement in the apparent habit of filling half pages with silliness coded in the rune font. It's not as if it's even Glorantha relevant, since the rune's aren't representing forces or gods, but just being an alphabet.

Couldn't we get more text or a picture in those spaces?

not seriously grumbling, but it sure looks like filler >>

     Pictures are pretty expensive, which would tend to rule them out. But, yes, its filler. Still, its only half a page of filler at most, and usually much less than that - its unlikely to be easy to squeeze interesting and useful info that's relevant to the rest of the page into such a small space. Really, it occupies so little space I couldn't really care about it myself. YMMV, of course.

Erik:

<<What does Aldachur look like?
Do wasp riders get along with the other tribes? What is the ecosphere around Skyfall Lake? >>

     I suspect there's a pretty good chance that a least the second of those questions will be answered in the Sartar narrator/scenario book.

<<Are most people like me? Or are they planning to play the intrigues between Pelorians, Dara Happans and Carmanians inside the Lunar Empire. Head off to the jungles of the east? Take on the Dwarf Island of Slon? >>

     The poll so far suggests that while many people are indeed only interested in the Dragon Pass region, at least half of those voting are keen to see other lands too. Which isn't to say they don't want the detailed DP stuff as well!

<<My advice for the books dedicated to the non-humans. I would like to see a few scenarios dealing with the species in question. >>

     I would expect the narrator/scenario books for the non-humans (three of which are currently on the planned release list) to include that sort of material :-)

Trotsky