Re: City of 10,000 Magicians

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:13:52 +1300

At 07:49 AM 1/6/04 +0000, you wrote:
>What can you tell me about the City of 10,000 Magicians?

So called because it is doomed to crumble once ten thousand magicians pass beneath its walls. The city is down to its last hundred (but nobody knows the precise number and access is restricted). The ILH vol 1 makes the point that many fear it rests on top of the head of a true magician.

Unlike other EWF sites, it is accessible to humanity because it store their knowledge of sorcery rather than draconic wisdom.

David Millians take is here:

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd5/1998.06/5844.html

While a suggestion of Sandy's is here:

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd2/1995.11/1226.html

Lastly my suggestion of interaction between the City and the wider Lunar Empire (Wyvern trade) is here:

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd7/2000.01/2253.html

--Peter Metcalfe