Re: Re: Hero points : a narrator recants

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 09:25:19 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:

> Having used both combat as a meta and combat as 'individual abilities' I
> came to the conclusion that the former was preferable. I've never liked
> the ever-diminishing returns and specialization that RQ (and a lot of
> other games) were heir to.

Hero wars already has a system to handle that - improv. penalties. Given that you can already use any but the most unusual weapons at 3 to 5 points lower than the best weapon skill anyway, I don't see the point of the meta-abilities. Its just an extra rule, and one I'm happy to ignore.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net