Re: D'oh

From: jessedn_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:14:05 -0000

> While I certainly could use ILH2 for my Lunar game, I have to say that
> if you are going to put out a series of scenario books then those books
> should come out reasonably close to each other in time or they are not
> useful. It is a tad unfair to ask folks to run a game based on the
> Sartar campaign and wait a year between episodes! IMHO even six months
> is probably too long a wait. I would rather they get them all out as
> quickly as possible, and then move on to somewhere else. That way I
know
> that when they get around to covering my favorite region it will be
done
> in a way that will be useful in my game.
>
> Thanks!
>
> ~Kevin McD

Well thats part of the point. In my opinion it is much easier to come up with scenarios than it is to come up with the material that would be found in the Imperial Lunar Handbook 2.

I am trying to start a Lunar campaign and I have a player who is interested in being a Devotee of Zaytenera and another who is similarly interested in Rashorana. What should I do about this? I have the Hero Wars book but all it has is a list of affinities? I could just make it up but, to be quite honest, I am pretty new to Glorantha and HeroQuest and I would rather devote my energies to mastering the system and making gripping scenarios then trying to figure out what feats a goddess that I have only seen a paragraph description of on Nick's site.

Granted, I could just tell my players who want to play Moon worshippers to either worship Natha or just stick to initiation, but that puts some rather unneccessary limits onto them.

Do you see where I (and probably others who are interested in the Lunar Empire) are coming from?

Jesse Dean