Re: Re: D'oh

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:47:39 GMT

>I am trying to start a Lunar campaign and I have a player who is
>interested in being a Devotee of Zaytenera and another who is
>similarly interested in Rashorana. What should I do about this? I have
>the Hero Wars book but all it has is a list of affinities? I could
>just make it up but, to be quite honest, I am pretty new to Glorantha
>and HeroQuest and I would rather devote my energies to mastering the
>system and making gripping scenarios then trying to figure out what
>feats a goddess that I have only seen a paragraph description of on
>Nick's site.
>
>Granted, I could just tell my players who want to play Moon
>worshippers to either worship Natha or just stick to initiation, but
>that puts some rather unneccessary limits onto them.
>
>Do you see where I (and probably others who are interested in the
>Lunar Empire) are coming from?

This is a perenial problem with Glorantha, everything that's published has some bits and pieces which point to great new ideas. Some of them are planned for inclusion in a specific work, some are to be included when an author actually writes the idea up and some are just ideas which have surfaced in Greg's mind. The one thing you can be certain of is that when your players get their hands on ILH2 there will be something which encourages them to choose a god or occupation that isn't fully described.

However don't feel inventing the whole thing is your responsibility, if a player has expressed interest in Zaytenera or Rashorana get them to describe what the god does for them and what they do for the god. There is obviously something that appeals to them, so get them to describe it. The chances are they will do a better job than you will if you think of it as a chore.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/