Re: AA vs KL

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:40:27 +1300

At 07:44 PM 1/14/04 -0500, you wrote:

>In our campaign, a few pc's are trying to hurt the troll realm of Dagori
>Inkarth. They want to hit it big time and plan to strike directly at Kyger
>Litor herself. I thought this idea had potential but to make it a little
>more interesting, I have decided they would be (unkowingly) helped by a
>faction of Argan Argari willing to profit from the situation to push their
>God in the top influencial position in Dagori Inkarth.

It doesn't work like that. Argan Argar can't displace Kyger Litor any more than Issaries displace Orlanth.

>1) The problem is I have no clue how to play it out. They want to hurt KL
>way more than socially so I guess their investigation should lead them to
>some kind of hq.

Given that it's taken the Lunars at least twenty years before they can confidently say "Orlanth is Dead", I don't see how a single band is going to hurt KL in one HQ. KL is present in Dagori Inkarth but only in that section which is part of the Underworld.

> But when (if) they get there, which hq should it be?

The only KL hurting rituals that I can think of is a) the Sun entering Hell and b) Nysalor wounding KL.

>How
>can I throw the AA into the mix? Would it be even possible for them to
>succeed?

Almost everything is possible but great changes take time and planning. More important, methinks, is sussing out your heroes motivations.

Why are your friends trying to hurt Kyger Litor? Why do they hate trolls?
Are they willing to see KL bite the dust just to see AA take over?

>2) If they succeed, what kind of implication would it have? The females
>losing their social status at the expense of the more male oriented Argan
>Argar? Would hurting KL physically or mentally have an implication on the
>UZ? On the females only? Would the loss of influence of KL at the expense
>of AA chage their links to darkness? On the females only?

KL has already been hurt by Gbaji and the females are still around.

>3) What is supposed to happen (in broad stokes) to the uzdom during the Hero
>Wars (just so MGWV not too dramatically?

They eat everything. In human affairs, there's the return of the Only Old One (in the Holy Country) and the return of the Troll Arkat (in Ralios). Elsewhere, I think they are mostly a nuisance to humans.

--Peter Metcalfe