Re: AA vs. KL

From: joe_at_...
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:57:30 +0100 (CET)

"DreadDomain":

> In our campaign, a few pc's are trying to hurt the troll realm of Dagori
> Inkarth. They want to hit it big time and plan to strike directly at
> Kyger Litor herself.

Non-troll characters?

Go get D'Wargon, the Womb-Biter, and let him do his work completely.

This would interfere with the ongoing troll project, too...

> I thought this idea had potential but to make it a little
> more interesting, I have decided they would be (unkowingly) helped by a
> faction of Argan Argari willing to profit from the situation to push their
> God in the top influencial position in Dagori Inkarth.

IMG no way the Argan Argar cult is going to help hurt Kyger Litor. However, they might join into a scheme which takes over the trollkin population into AA care.

> 1) The problem is I have no clue how to play it out. They want to hurt KL
> way more than socially so I guess their investigation should lead them to
> some kind of hq. But when (if) they get there, which hq should it be?

Get some trolls to repeat the Battle of Night and Day (trick them to believe they might overcome the trollkin curse that way), and help Nysalor.

> How can I throw the AA into the mix? Would it be even possible for
> them to succeed?

They might find out that the trolls are up to something, and put lots of their resources into this. The logical way to interfere is sabotage at some stage of this.

> 2) If they succeed, what kind of implication would it have? The females
> losing their social status at the expense of the more male oriented Argan
> Argar? Would hurting KL physically or mentally have an implication on the
> UZ? On the females only? Would the loss of influence of KL at the
> expense of AA chage their links to darkness? On the females only?

Most physical damage to KL will change little since the uzko already are the hurttrolls, lesser beings bearing the burning damage of their ancestors. This or interfering with fertility once again would affect all trolls, AA or not.

Hurting her mentally would backfire to all trolls as well. If they are lucky, they end up with Cave Troll IQs.

The Argan Argar cult might want to take over a strong Dagori Inkarth, but I don't see them willing to weaken it.

> 3) What is supposed to happen (in broad stokes) to the uzdom during the
> Hero Wars (just so MGWV not too dramatically?

Eldest Mother is pregnant with a new race of surface Uzuz. And she's hungry for magical food...