Re: Godlearners

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:59:27 -0800

Erik asked

>The Justreli/Godlearner empire and the Empire of the Wyrms Friends
>were both in the Imperial age, right?
>
>Were they really contemporaneous?

Yes.

826 God Learners induce scholarly riots in Nochet [GB.22] 842 God Learners invade Shadowlands [GB.23] 889 In the EWF, Third Council rulers order their people to worship them. This likely causes the Orlanthi to seek aid from the God Learners (see

(sadly my notes end for the 889 entry) -- you might also recall that Robcradle/Pavis switched from Jrusteli to EWF.

In general, they had completely different mindsets, and didn't get along well.

Henrix added

>But let us not forget that even though the GodLearner/Jrusteli/Middle Sea
>Empire did not arise until 768, their philosophical school existed well
>before that. It was a GodLearner school in Nochet that first taught the
>secret of Dragon speech, which they had wrested from the cult of Drolgard.

before 573 "The cult of Drogard, a barbarian hero, had held the secret of dragon speech since time immemorial. The cult lost its secret to a spirit raid by the God Learners, who opened a school to teach it in Nochet."

I asked Greg about that when I was running a Jrusteli game. He said that since the famous raid was well before the unification of Jrustela, they were probably from Slontos, and later became integrated into the God Learner movement.

David Dunham dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein