Re: AA vs KL

From: Frédéric Cloutier <dreaddomain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:18:51 -0500

: And you haven't killed off these horrible players yet? Awk! : )

I am seriously considering it (:-))

: This is bad, bad, juju. IMO, the uz are *directly* implicated by KL's
: status -- she *is* the trollish race. Smacking down her cult hiearchy
: means that fertily rituals go haywire, etc., etc. If the various Great
: Mothers of the Tribe and Land are killed, it's going to basically mean
: disaster for *all trolls* there.

Exactly what they want but also exactly what I'd rather not let happen. That is why I consider a curve ball to the story (AA or/and ZZ implication).   But in the end I would like to give the player some credits and shake the statu quo (well it is the Hero Wars after all).

: Which *part* of KL? She's got seven cults now, not just one. <Laugh>

Errr... I didn't think about it honestly (:-))

: I would tenetively suggest that the AAites are going to "steer" the
: adventurers to weaken a specific aspect of the KL cult -- to help
: themselves. Korasting is too important to muck with

Agreed. he player would probably try to hit this aspect but I (I mean the AA) will try to keep them away from it.

: but weakening Karrg
: means less "security" and thus a greater roll for AA -- unless the ZZ cult
: moves in.

Hmmm if I would be a AA, I would avoid this one as well. ZZ is already a heavy hitter wrestling with KL for some control. I would fear it would tip the balance in his favor. As a ZZ, I would avoid it as well since ZZ can crush Karrg easily my himself (:-))

: Jakaboom would reduce magic, that might help the AAites. Jeset
: is too esoteric, unless the AAites see a way that AA (or an aspect?) could
: become the "bearer of the dead." Hombobobom isn't direct competition.
: Vaneekara's cult is too small. Hmm.

So only Jakaboom remains...

: Geneologies
: suddenly go into partial flux (which individual trolls take into account
: and manipulate). Bad stuff.

What does it mean?

: If they manage to do something major, like utterly violate key rituals,
: wipe out all the great mothers of the tribes, etc? Civil war breaks out.
: No new uz are born. Angry trolls turn to hideous alternatives (Subere,
: Zorak Zoran, etc.) and take their vengeance on their neighbors.

: Sounds pretty dire, but if you attack the source of new life (children
:through the KL cult) and tick off trolls, they don't have any reason *not*
:to pull out the stops: what do they have to protect? They might as well
: just try to kill as many neighbors as they can. A dire and horrible
: scenario, of course -- too dire, but potential fun in terms of narration.

I guess short term it is more beneficial to ZZ than AA though. But could the uzdom recover from it?

MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/