Re: An Only New One for Dagori Inkarth?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:19:18 -0800

Joerg to Bryan

> > Hmmm, I always had the impression that the LB quest brought back
>> someone who had a fire connection somehow? (or else who was in a
>> solar hell). Somehow a LIGHTbringers quest to bring back a force of
>> darkness doesn't jibe with me either.
>
>Arkat qualified for the Solar Hell, but where did Harmast get Talor from?

Well, it's bringing back the Emperor, and Arkat was definitely that. And didn't Talor end up ruling much of Fronela, making him essentially an Emperor too?

But it's really restoring the world. Bringing back the Only Old One would certainly do that to his followers (though I think pretty much every LBQ has had major consequences which its quester didn't desire -- Orlanth ended up bound by the Compromise, for example).

--

David Dunham