AA vs KL

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:11:00 EST

In a message dated 16/01/04 04:12:27 GMT Standard Time, HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< ahem) The Lightbringer's Quest *was* a Darkness approach to the problem.  The problem was: A dead sun god is sitting around in Wonderhome screwing  things up. The Darkness solution: Manipulate a bunch of those surface  assholes to come down and take the sun back. >>

I think this is a good approach. If we look at what AA might want and what KL might want:

Seems to me that AA might want it to be dark all the time on the surface, he is god of surface dark after all. This could mean weakening the sun or keeing the sun in the underworld all the time. Alternatively, perhaps Argan wants to rule surface darkness more completely without KL "interference" so wants to help KL return to wonderhome. Perhaps he wants to return to Wonderhome and live in blissful retirement giving up the surface to hoomans.

KL might want to return, with her children, to the bliss of wonderhome and not have to suffer in the hurtplace any longer. This would suit troll hating hoomans too, but would shatter the compromise and destroy the world as a side effect. But that's gonna happen anyway, they might think, so at least lets destroy it in our own way. Alternatively, she might want to make the surface the new wonderhome, and keep the sun in hell. This might be an angle that AA might agree with, but I would think most Uz spirits and souls would be annoyed at the upheaval (not to mention pesky hoomans).

Not sure what ZZ might think, if he does, in fact, think.

Either way, I like idea of a new Old One. I would call him the "One and Only One" rather than the Only New One ,althoogh the "Oh No!" moment would be a funny moment for the players (as in "Oh no! we've created the ONO!")

Keith