Re: Any sources for info on the Kitori Wilds?

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:34:24 -0000

> AFAIK that is what is publically available.

Uz Lore booklet from Trollpak had some details on the Shadowlands including a short, somewhat different paragraph on the Troll Woods (the name the Kitori Wilds were known by prior to DP:LoT).

I'm not sure whether Drastic:Darkness has much on the Kitori or the Troll Woods.

> Searching through the
> History of Kethelea articles that appeared in TradeTalk might garner
> some more background information - not sure.

Tradetalk #4 has the Dawn Age history where the Dawn Age Kitori figure much, but not in the Kitori Wilds, but on Shadow Plateau. There are no mentions of Kitori for the Imperial Age.
>From the Inhuman Occupation, we have the troll hero Vamargic Eye-necklace:

A troll leader during the Inhuman Occupation, from the Troll Woods in northern Heortland.
Major opponent of Kajak-ab Braineater during the troll wars. He was most unusual, first because he was a great troll, who are almost always of low intelligence, and second because his parents were both cave trolls. He worshipped Zorak Zoran. <<

(quoted from my index, which in turn took quotes from King of Sartar and Uz Lore)

There was some probably misleading information on the Kitori in RuneQuest Adventures #4 - Siege of Whitewall. That and much of the old digest material may be out of date, but can still be mined for ideas - check Lokarnos.com, Holy Country section.

> GTA heroes are listed
> as having some additional Kitori information - I have no idea how
> significant it is though as I am not one. I suspect that we are only
> likely to get more Kitori information if someone proposes to II to
> write a scenario that involves them as part of the Sartar Rising
> arc. A lot of folks seem interested in the Kitori so if you are up
> for it contact the relevant people with your idea (Mark Galeotti I
> suspect).

Greg has declared the Kitori a hands-on topic, meaning he discouraged us from publishing much on them since it will be Gregged with high probability.

Some discussion on the current nature of the Kitori despite of this occurred on the Wilmskirk list, e.g.: