Re: storytellers deity

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:47:50 -0800

Moah

>I'm wondering if there is any storyteller-specific deity (mostly for the
>orlanthis cause i'm unoriginal that way, but all pantheons are welcome,
>really).

In King of Sartar, there are four invocations at the beginning of stories (p. 234). Three call on Issaries the Talking God, one on the Knowing God. Three call on the Six Guardians (or Keepers of the Six Stories) and the Lady of Inspiration. One calls on the Lord of Tales, one on the Lord of Power, one on the Seven Winds. (Numbers don't add up to 4 because multiple deities are invoked for any one story.

Me, I think Issaries is the best pick, but clearly the Heortlings know that stories are important, and call on any appropriate deities in order to get them right.

--

David Dunham