Re: storytellers deity

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:43:38 GMT

In message <4009C469.9080905_at_...> "Moah, platypus powaaa!" writes:
>Hi,
>
>I'm wondering if there is any storyteller-specific deity (mostly for the
>orlanthis cause i'm unoriginal that way, but all pantheons are welcome,
>really). I've seen Skovara/Skovari but I'm wondering if there's anything
>more specific/specialized into storytelling...

There's Drogarsi the Skald. Skalds are expected to learn all the traditional stories as well as invent new ones to suit current circumstances. I think this split reflects the Heortling view of storytelling as either pure entertainment (Skovara) or history and culture (Drogasi).

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/