Re: Re: AA vs KL

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:50:03 +0000

> > >A particularly good take on the rule that all myths can be viewed
>> >differently from somebody else's perspective.
>>
>> Presumably a Solar version of the LBQ would have Orlanth as the
>> penitent murderer (Danfive Xaron, anybody ?)
>
>Be sure not to confuse "Solar" with "Lunar" - DX is in the Lunar 7Moms
>quest, but is totally unknown to the (pre-Red Apotheosis) Solars.

Well to elaborate a little, the HeroQuest (apparently) required someone to take on the role of the "Penitent Criminal" - and Danfive Xaron was that person. In the myth underlying the HeroQuest it would have been some other figure. Until we actually have that myth I reckon that referring to Danfive Xaron is clear enough.

> The
>murderers are summoned to hell by Yelm's great justice, and seek His pardon.
>The 7Moms were probably more aware of Solar versions of the story than the
>Storm, so they'd assign roles that way.

Of course the Seven Mother's Quest is not the LightBringers Quest anyway, but it may be based on a myth that is similar or related.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.