Gbaji lies! (Was Re: Illuminated Uroxi?)

From: Agent Groove <coridan_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:50:31 -0500

> > ....I suppose he kind
> > of feels he has been psychologically raped by Lunar Chaos. His
> goal
> > I suppose would be to try and Heroquest to remove the illumination.
>
> First of all, Ilumination is a realization that comes from within,
> not something that can be imposed from without. The riddles simply
> guide you towards making that realization. It is an understanding,
> and so to want to remove it he would have to want to stop believing
> something that he knows to be true.
>
> > I like the above idea, but in summary;
> >
> > 1. Can an Uroxi be Illuminated.
>
> Very deffinitely yes. I believe there are canon examples of such.
>
> > 2. Would he be accepted as a worshipper. Ie would they detect him
> > as illumiated or perhaps would he fail the entrance (be rejected by
> > Stormbull himself)?
>
> How would they (or even Storm Bull) know? Illumination doesn't make
> you chaotic.
>
> > 3. Would you be able to reverse the 'awakening' via a heroquest?
>
> Perhaps, but in doing so the quester would be making himself a lesser
> person by severing part of his conciousness. IMHO it's likely that
> more than just the illumination would be lost...
>
> Simon Hibbs

Note that it can be argued that these are all *Lunar* opinions. According to Orlanthi truth, these are merely dances and lies and justifications that lead one down the road of Gbaji, the deciever.

How to reverse this? Delve deeply into Uroxi myth. Understand *why* Chaos is false and wrong and seeks to destroy the universe, which is it's unalterable, essential nature. Chaos can not be made to work for good, because it is *not* good, objectively.

Certainly, there may be obscure Harmast based Heroquests where Harmast shows that the Deciever is inherently and unalterably false, and where cosmic law is shown as essential for the survival of the world. I'd work this as the reduction in an Illumination ability being the reward for re-affirming Urox's life-giving battle. Superfically, Urox rampaging may not seem that different from the Crimson Bat. On a cosmological level, it's *entirely* different. Urox is the last gasp, the stubborn refusal of life to surrender. The bat, however, is merely selfish, suicidal hunger, that cares for nothing. By erasing this, Nysalor/Gbaji seeks to create one more front where Chaos reclaims the world.

As an alternative, I'd let a Uroxi use Hero Points to buy off the Illumination ability by deeply immersing himself in Uroxi ritual and prayer, gaining his god's understanding of Chaos and why it must be fought. The illumination score would be bought off, like any other flaw.

CB