Re: Illuminated Uroxi?

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:02:14 -0500

Simon Hibbs:
> Very definitely yes. I believe there are canon examples of such.

The obvious RQ one is Oddi in Cults of Terror. The first time he realises something strange is happening is when the Crimson Bat comes to visit, and he isn't warned of it by Sense Chaos. Then he finds he no longer feels a Berserker's lust for war. At this point a visiting Lunar (who I don't think is himself Illuminated?) explains to him what's going on and gives him a way to deal with some pretty fundamental changes to his world-view, he goes out to battle vampires and is victorious.

Our understanding of Illumination has expanded and become less defined since then. IMG, Oddi accepted what the Lunar told him about Illumination, this helped him stay sane but also limited his mystical understanding to a particular path.

In our world, it's well-known that someone who has a sudden shock to the mental framework they've been using to make sense of the world can end up going through some very strange mind-states in an effort to cope with their new ideas.

Andrew